If your cistern water is slow to drain or begins to overflow. This could mean there's a blockage - you've got a blocked toilet.
Blocks caused by floating objects like toilet paper are easy to detect and remove. But there are various reasons that can remain undetectable, especially if you have no experience with plumbing.
Mineral deposits from hard water can settle and solidify (known as calcification) in the pipes. They can hinder the movement of waste, causing blockages.
Not only that, but a clogged toilet can also stem from unwanted objects like razor heads, hair, soaps scums, and detergent flushing down the pipe. Over time, the undissolved substances will block the pipe, narrowing the passage for waste removal.
It would help if you were careful about dropping anything in the toilet bowl that’s not meant to be flushed in the first place. Dispose of your hygiene products like dental floss, napkin, diapers, tissue appropriately.
Another common cause behind blocked toilets is worn out pipes or parts (like washers). Heavy wear and tear from regular use, corrosion, or inclement weather can damage the pipes, slowing down the flushing. In such cases, the clog will build up over time until the point where the movement of waste is completely ceased. And trust us — you don’t want to deal with the mess of cleaning such waste without adequate preparation!
Ways to Unclog a Blocked Toilet
A toilet system has many parts and components to it. And it can seem very overwhelming when you try to fix a blockage or leak yourself. Although not practical, it's workable. You can fix the problem on your own.
1. Just wait it out. Always patience pays out. If you wait a while, the water in your toilet exerts pressure on the clog in the drain as it attempts to leave, which could dislodge the clog on its own.
2. Pour hot water down your clogged toilet. It can sometimes break down the soap scum or other residue, holding the clog together, clearing the blockage.
3. Use a plunger. Plunge vigorously. But depending on how deep the cause of blockage is, plunging may be difficult. And the rate of success is low when it comes to unblocking toilet clogs.
4. Like the plunger, you can use a hook or a plumbers’ snake or a makeshift using a wire coat hanger to take out the clog.
5. Use baking soda and vinegar. These are your natural alternative to chemicals. Their components can help break down the residue in your drain.
6. Use chemicals to dissolve the hardened minerals causing the blockage. Be sure to protect yourself when using this method. Chemicals are toxic and health hazards.
7. Use dish soap. Dish soap can break down grease, dirt, and grime. Put about a cup or so of dish soap right into the toilet bowl.
You Can Count On Us
In most cases, a good plunge will be enough to loosen the lodged item. But sometimes, that isn’t enough to clear it. The best solution is to call a plumber. Referring your problem to a professional seems to come as a last resort for most homeowners. Don't save the best for last. Most plumbing problems aren't for the faint of heart, especially a blocked toilet. So, it may be best to let a professional handle it.
Contact us at Fixed Today, and let's unclog a toilet.
Our plumbing team has a combined experience of almost a decade in repairing different clogged toilets. They are fully insured and licensed so that our clients don’t have to bear the burden of any unfortunate faulty service. We use only the best tools and techniques to ensure that you spend your hard-earned money on excellent plumbing services.
Our prices are pretty reasonable, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank. Our plumbers will keep you informed about every step in the process, and they will be more than happy to solve all your queries or concerns.
There is no toilet issue in Sydney too significant for our plumbers to solve. Let our team conduct the necessary inspections to determine the correct diagnosis.
We dive head-on into the problem and offer you honest solutions that are convenient and reasonable. Permanent results are what you need, not band-aid solutions.
Once you reach out to us for help, you can safely leave all your plumbing woes on us.
We arrive with a fully stocked vehicle and are ready to solve your plumbing issues in one go.
We at Fixed Today have the best tools and equipment to investigate and clear up any blockage.
We have it all from toilet plungers to jet blasters so that you don’t have to rush to the hardware store.
We employ CCTV camera inspections to detect the exact location of deeper clogs without any intrusion into the existing plumbing setup. Should your clogged toilet and toilet drain need new parts, our plumbers will get them on your behalf and present the bill post-installation to maintain utmost transparency.
Get In touch
Dial the helpline number provided on our website to speak to one of our customer service representatives.
We will get back to you at the earliest and book an appointment according to your convenience. So, please don’t wait any longer and contact us today!