The force pushing water through pipes is your water pressure. It determines the water flow coming into your home.
A sudden increase in the water pressure can also cause a rise in utility bills. It can damage electrical appliances like heaters, dishwashers, and washing machines.
A slow water flow is the other side of the coin. Low pressure can reduce water flow to a trickle, and it will take a long time to fill a kettle or a cistern. This is also a red flag. If it is lower than usual, there’s something wrong with the water flow. Check your shower and make a note of the water pressure.
What Are The Common Causes Of Low Water Pressure?
To fix low water pressure, you need to know the common causes for its occurrence.
For instance, when water demand is high, like mornings when members of your household are preparing to go to work or early evenings when preparing for bedtime, pressure can be lower than during the rest of the day. There can also be problems during dry spells when people use hosepipes or sprinklers to water their gardens.
The height of your property can also impact your water pressure. If your house is located at the top of a hill, you may receive lower pressure than homes at the bottom.
Other Factors Affecting Water Pressure
- insufficient pumping facilities
- small water mains
- leakage, equipment failures, blocked service pipes, blocked drain
Why Is It Important To Install a Pressure Regulator?
Rising or falling water pressure may be due to a malfunctioning pressure regulator. You need to take care of it. If you leave it undone, this may cause you an even bigger headache than a dripping faucet.
A pressure regulator is not always present in every house. But this is a necessity to maintain a safe pressure level. A damaged control valve can collapse an entire water system. So if you see any disruption in the water flow, call your trusted plumbing experts immediately.
Fixed Today have a big team of professional plumbers to help you handle the plumbing job of water pressure concerns. We also deal with any plumbing needs like everyday plumbing and maintenance, gas fitting, hot water systems, water leaks and more.
You don’t have to handle your annoying plumbing concerns, especially if you don’t know anything about how plumbing works operate. Or if you don’t have enough time to deal with them.
You can always delegate them to people who have the experience and expertise.
Here at Fixed Today, we’ve got you covered.
Our professional plumbers can check all your fittings. We’ll also check every pipe to spot open valves and repair them immediately. Besides, the old steel pipes may need to be replaced, and our team will inform you about it.
We can replace your control valve if it needs a replacement and furnish you with the bill for new parts. If you don’t have a pressure regulator, our plumbers might suggest installing one if required.
Why Fixed Today?
You can’t just go through the yellow pages or your browser’s search and hire people after their names pop up.
Here at Fixed Today, we have a checklist of five essential details to help you decide we’re your expert plumbing team:
- Proper licensing — We only have professional and licensed plumbers. We also have qualified gas fitters and specialised plumbers in our team.
- Business experience — We’ve earned our good reputation with more than ten years of experience serving Sydney, its homes and businesses. And we want to keep it that way.
- Price — Our pricing is upfront and fixed, so no hidden costs are involved. You can make the best-informed decision for you and your home. And have the confidence that we are always transparent with our information. You will only be getting a professional and honest assessment from us.
- References- You can ask around, or we’ll provide you with references and a portfolio of our projects.
- Warranty — We guarantee our lifetime warranty of workmanship.
We do not offer quick fixes, believing that putting a band-aid over the problem is not helping you in the long term. We get to the root of the cause.
Call us now to book your appointment. Our customer service representatives are on standby to take your call for emergency plumbing services. We’ll be at your premises the soonest time possible.