Burst pipes are costly fixtures causing damage and a lot of inconveniences. This happens to your water pipes and your gas pipes, which could be more dangerous.
You can prevent this from happening though, or lessen its occurrences. Know why your pipes break in the first place and the indications before you encounter a burst pipe.
What Causes Burst Pipes
1. The expansion of water inside the pipes when it’s freezing can be too much, causing the water pipe to burst.
2. High pressure from the utility company or improper adjustment of pressure valves can cause high water pressure, which can overwhelm and cause water pipe bursts.
3. A weakened pipe due to corrosion can lower the maximum pressure it can withstand. Corrosion can also cause clogging, increasing the water pressure.
4. Ground movement can ruin underground plumbing lines, causing them to burst. While you can’t do anything about the earth’s activities, you can prevent damage to your drainage and pipes and avoid flooding and bursting.
5. The wear and tear of one’s property is natural. And so does your plumbing system. But you can double the lifespan of your pipes, drainage, fixtures and appliances by proper installation, periodic maintenance and prompt response to emergencies.
When To Call A Professional To Deal With Your Burst Pipes
The most common sign of a damaged pipe is finding puddles of water around the worn-out part. It can have disastrous results if you don’t fix it immediately.
If the water pressure in your faucet is lower, it can indicate that you may have a burst pipe. As a result, the water doesn’t reach the faucet easily; instead, most of it escapes through the leak.
Another sign of a worn-out pipe is high water bills. You may find a water leakage from the damaged portion leads to wastage and affects the water pressure. Hence, people use more water than they should, increasing costs.
Apart from this, large stains on the walls are also a giveaway that water is leaking from some part of the pipeline. It’s essential to identify the location of the stain as it could help pinpoint the source of the problem.
Why Choose Us?
You can prevent a burst pipe with some sound thinking and taking the necessary precautions. Proper installation, periodic leak inspection and maintenance is a must.
For your burst gas pipes, only seek the help of a professional and licensed gas fitter. Not every licensed plumber in Sydney is an expert gas fitter. But at Fixed Today, our plumbers are qualified in dealing with gas plumbing like your gas hot water system and gas appliances.
Holding a 5-star reputation of being responsive, reliable, and offering premium-quality service in burst pipe repairs and leak detection, we are among the best 24/7 emergency plumbing services in Sydney.
Our team members can tackle the plumbing emergency and provide the best possible solutions with upfront and transparent pricing.
So, rest assured, you can rely on us for your burst pipe and other plumbing emergencies.
How To Contact Us?
Acknowledge and identify the signs of your broken pipe, and don’t waste any time getting in touch with our dedicated customer support team.
Contacting us is easy; all you have to do is give us a call on our helpline number, which is active 24/7. Our dedicated customer service team will address your queries and concerns. We can schedule an appointment with one of our most experienced professionals to get your burst pipes fixed at the earliest.