A leaking shower or clogged drain can quickly become a major nuisance and lead to bigger plumbing problems if left unaddressed. Dripping showers allow water to seep into walls causing potential mold growth and sewer gases escaping into your home. Blocked shower drains back up water causing leaks that can damage floors and ceilings. Don’t wait until you have a full-blown emergency on your hands.
Our professional shower repair service in Sydney can promptly fix leaking showers, unclog blocked drains, and prevent major plumbing issues down the line. We know how disruptive shower problems can be to your daily routine. Contact us as soon as you notice dripping taps, poor water pressure, or slow-draining water in your Sydney shower. We’ll inspect the issue and complete the necessary repairs to get your shower functioning optimally again.
Trust our expertise to resolve your leaking shower or clogged drain quickly and efficiently. Prevent prolonged damage to your home’s plumbing system, and call us today at 1800 349 338!
What are the Common Causes of Blocked Shower?
1. Long hair strands are the common cause of blocked shower drains. They can bind with grease and other sticky substances to form clogs and cause a blocked shower drain.
2. Notice the dirt and grime swirling down the shower drain. They can create a build-up that will harden in time and cause a blocked shower drain.
3. Minerals and soap scum won’t dissolve in water, cause insoluble masses, or leave a hard residue that clogs the drains.
4. And tree root invasion in small cracks or leaks in your underground pipes can obstruct the water flow and cause damage to your pipes.
Know the Signs of a Blocked Shower
A shower leaking or blocked shower in Sydney can cause a variety of issues if not addressed promptly. The most obvious sign is standing in a puddle of water during your shower because the water has poor drainage due to clogged drains. Other signs include mould growth on the bathroom floor, weak water pressure, strange gurgling sounds in pipes, and sewer gases escaping from the drain of the shower area.
A shower leak can be identified by water dripping from the shower head or taps, even when turned off completely. This indicates worn fixtures. Leaks allow water to seep into walls and floors, leading to structural damage over time. A blocked shower drain will only get worse if left untreated, causing more extensive plumbing problems.
Don’t ignore these warning signs. Contact our professional shower repair service in Sydney as soon as you notice any issues with drainage, leaks or weak water pressure in your shower. The sooner you can have it inspected and repaired, the easier and more affordable the fix will be to get your shower working optimally again.
What are the Ways to Unclog A Blocked Shower Drain?
1. Pour boiling water down the drain slowly enough for it to work its way through. It can sometimes break down the soap or grease, holding the clog together and clearing the blockage.
2. Use a plunger. Plunge vigorously. But depending on how deep the cause of blockage is, plunging may be difficult, and the success rate is low when unblocking a clogged shower.
3. Like the plunger, you can use a hook or a plumbers’ snake, sometimes called a “toilet jack” or an “electric eel,” to remove the clog. Or you can use a coat hanger to hook onto the obstruction.
4. Use baking soda and vinegar. These are your natural alternatives to chemicals for clearing blocked drains. Baking soda and vinegar have components to help break down the residue in your clogged shower drain.
5. Use chemicals to dissolve the hardened minerals causing the blockage of your shower drains. Be sure to protect yourself when using this method. Chemicals are toxic and health hazards.
6. Go manual. Take the drain cover off and pull out the clog by hand.
7. Call a plumber. Referring your shower drains to a professional or an emergency plumber for drainage solutions is by far the best solution. And yet, requesting especially emergency plumbing services is a last resort for most homeowners. Most plumbing problems or emergency plumbing, like your shower drains, aren’t for the faint of heart. So, it may be best to let a professional drain plumber clear your blocked drain fast. It’s also highly recommended that you hire blocked drain plumbers to perform CCTV drain inspections regularly. Inspection through the CCTV drain camera will allow you to see undetected leaks and other plumbing issues.
How to Prevent Blocked Shower Drain
There are various ways you can prevent blocked shower Sydney from happening. Installing a shower drain cover is one of the cheapest, easiest, and best prevention methods. Not only are your shower drains covers necessary for all drains, but you can also install a hair guard. Shower drain covers and hair guards let the water flow freely down the drain while catching hair and sediment.
Switching to a liquid soap rather than a bar of soap can also help prevent your shower from clogging since it’s less likely that large chunks will make their way into the drain.
Our Solution to Your Blocked Shower
The primary focus of our plumber in Sydney Fixed Today is to provide you with the best possible solution to your plumbing problem, especially your blocked drains Sydney. Our team of licensed plumbers will get right to it by inspecting the plumbing system to find the source of the blockage.
Call us to unblock drains. We’ll check all parts of the blocked shower head and clean it thoroughly with the right tools to remove any dirt or build-up clogging. And if your shower drain is causing the problem, a plunger or plumber’s snake will dislodge the clogs. Our reliable service offers upfront pricing, so there are no hidden costs.
Why Choose Us?
Experience probably taught you to be wary about hiring people who may not meet your expectations.
So here’s your checklist of five important details to ask yourself before you commit to hiring your people:
- Do they have the proper licensing?
- How long have they been in the business? Do they have the experience to work on these projects?
- Are the pricing and rates reasonable?
- Are they open to referring you to their customers for honest feedback? What are their reviews from clients?
- Do they offer a warranty?
With an over-a-decade track record of providing quality plumbing and leaking shower repair services, we are industry leaders with solutions to your plumbing problems. We only offer premium-quality service at reasonable and upfront pricing.
We’re not only skilled residential and commercial drain cleaners. We’ve also got professional plumbers available 24/7 to tackle your plumbing emergencies. All you have to do is contact our prompt and reliable customer support team, who will guide you through the entire booking process.
Once that’s done, the plumbing team will arrive at the scheduled time and fix your shower in no time. Rest assured, all our work is 100% guaranteed with upfront pricing. We only use high-tech tools and strategies like CCTV drain inspection to ensure quality drain cleaning, even the hardest ones like your blocked sewer pipe. And If ever you come across a problem like broken or clogged pipes, clogged toilets, or other drain blockages after we’ve served you, give us a call — we’ll be more than willing to come over to find the source of your Sydney blocked drains and get the job done for the same day service.
Trust Fixed Today for All Your Blocked Shower Repairs
Aside from clearing blocked drains, drain repairs, and leaking shower repairs Sydney and a blocked shower, our friendly service and quick response also cover other plumbing work like a burst pipe, blocked toilet, a gas leak, pipe relining, bathroom plumbing needs and sewer pipes and other plumbing issues in your drainage system. Your plumbing system can encounter a leaking tap, a faulty hot water system, blocked drains from your kitchen to your toilet, a clogged shower drain and plumbing emergencies.
So, get in touch today to get your blocked shower drain fixed quickly by the Sydney professionals!