If you’re not just into frying eggs and opening a cup of noodles, a gas cooker or gas burner is the smart way to go and cook up a delicious storm. Compared to an electric stove, there’s no more waiting for elements to warm up with a gas appliance, whether a gas stove or gas cooktop. You only need a significant adjustment of the temperature at your fingertips. Even top chefs and food lovers worldwide prefer to use gas for heating and cooking.
So if you need a great job on new appliances like gas stovetop, cooktops, or ovens (wall oven), and have them installed safely, call your trusted gas plumber for all your oven installations and gas connections.
Why choose a gas stove, cooktop, or oven?
With the array of choices nowadays, knowing what you want in your kitchen can be confusing, especially if you’re not a seasoned cook but want to get there someday.
So, here are some of the pros and cons of owning a gas stove, cooktop or oven to help you decide:
- Gas stoves are the only type of cooktop that allows you to cook over a real flame.
- Gas boils water faster than an electric stove.
- Gas stoves are more energy efficient when compared to electric ones.
- Grab a metal mesh rack and cook directly over the flame, a fantastic way to infuse smoky flavours into your favourite recipes.
- It still works when the power goes out.
- The initial expense for installing ovens is more expensive than electric ranges. For instance, if you shift from electric to gas, you must install new piping and purchase a new oven. You must consider your existing gas supply if changing your old gas oven to a new oven.
- Achieving the same heat setting on gas cooktops can be challenging.
- Gas ranges are much harder to clean.
- While ovens preheat faster than electric ovens, they tend to cook more unevenly.
How to install a gas cooktop
Before cooking up a storm, you’ll need a licensed gasfitter to install your gas cooktop, stove or installation of the oven. Every gas oven installation must conform to various statutory requirements and comply with manufacturers’ instructions. Always check out the manufacturer’s specifications. Get the minimum clearance and follow Australian regulations and Australian standards done legally by a licensed gasfitter.
Getting your gas connection, gas line, gas oven or gas stove installation wrong could void your manufacturer’s warranty and insurance and put your family at risk of gas leaks, fires or worse.
One consideration in gas stove installation is the need for extra precautions, setting up a safety barrier, and using a fire-resistant material for your surfaces or when certain distances cannot be met.
Luckily, from taking your new appliance like your gas oven out of the box to cranking on the gas for the first time, our highly recommended fitter from Fixed Today can help get your gas installations from your gas stove, cooktop, oven and more done right the first time. We are fully equipped with the required tools for gas stove installation, and we also do repairs and services and offer first-class service and reasonable prices on every gas-related issue at your place, like your gas hot water system.
Cooktop and Oven Installation Requirements
As well as complying with different statutory requirements, manufacturers’ and legal requirements, you’ll also need a compliance certificate to go with your new gas cooktop installation. Australian standards must be strictly adhered to for every gas cooktop installation, including minimum clearances and ventilation rules.
Installing a new oven or gas cooktop is easy with Fixed Today because we’ll ensure it’s compliant, working correctly and safely before leaving you to your cooking!
Call us for same-day service. Fixed Today will:
- Advise and inform you about your gas installation
- Check your existing gas connection
- Connect your new cooktop, stove, or oven and test for leaks
- Perform a safety check to ensure the new stove installation works and prepare you to cook!
Gas fitting is a highly regulated, specialised skill, so it’s not worth taking risks and cutting corners.
We’re your trusted licensed gas fitters in Sydney.
Fixed Today’s gas fitters are not just fully licensed and insured. Our licensed gas fitter is highly skilled, experienced, trained, and friendly! Every courteous, uniformed gasfitter at Fixed Today is entirely up to date with the latest innovations and technology in the exciting world of gas appliances. We always guarantee superb workmanship and quality in installing a vast range of new appliances (gas appliances, gas ovens, cooktops and stoves) at your place at a reasonable price.
So look no further than the seasoned experts at Fixed Today for no-fuss, affordable, safe and Australian standard-approved installation services on a gas cooktop and electric oven installation at your place today. To talk to a friendly Fixed Today gasfitter, call us -1800 349 338 today! We’re open all days of the week, including public holidays to provide a great service.